Сheckers program for playing with computer or people via the Internet.
- Short software description and download section
- System requirements, installation and running
- Program features
- Technical information
The Checkersland program plays more than 20 kinds of checkers and can be run on different Operating Systems. It supports many features, e.g. you can play with computer and people via the Internet.
- Version: 3.9.2
- Release date: 03.02.2013
|Windows 95/../Windows 7||372 kb||checkersland.exe|
Windows 95/../Windows 7, Linux, MacOS and Solaris
(run by the command
The Checkersland program can be run on many Operation Systems: Windows (Windows 95 or higher), Linux, MacOS and Solaris. The game requires java version 1.6 or higher, which can be downloaded from the Java site (install "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6"). There are no special hardware requirements.
There are several ways to run the game:
Windows users can use the
It's possible to run
checkersland.jarfrom command line by command
java -jar checkersland.jar. You should use the
java -Xmx512m -jar checkersland.jarcommand in case you work with large PDN files (about 10000 records).
Download extension, unpack it and run
any file with the
batextension (Windows users only) or file with the
shextension (Linux, MacOS or Solaris users).
- Kinds of checkers: 80-celluar, armenian, brazilian, canadian, checkers/american, corners (12 draughts), corners (9 draughts), croda, czech, diagonal, filipino, give-away, international/polish, italian, laska, lika, malaysian/singaporean, pool, portuguese, russian, spanish, Sri Lankian, stavropol, thai, towers, towers give-away, turkish
- Opponents: man - computer, computer - man, man - man
- Play with people across Local Network and via the Internet
- Eight levels of difficulty when playing with computer
- Multithreaded AI
- Interface languages: Deutsch, English, Filipino, Francais, Italiano, Magyar, Português, Turkce, česky, Русский, Українська, ไทย. The program allows to add any new language, see more details in interface of the program translation chapter
- Few predefined skins and the possibility to make own skins, see more details in board skins chapter
- Supported many look and feels. see more details in look and feels chapter
- Saving and loading files with game history in PDN (Portable Draughts Notation) format, see more details in PDN format chapter
- Saving diagram in PNG, JPG and other bitmap formats
- Text mode for program usage
A high-level logic has been implemented for many types of the game. The next table shows computer strength for different types of the game (from 1 to 5, 5 - the best):
|Kinds of checkers||AI strength|
|laska, lika, towers, towers give-away||5|
|brazilian, checkers (american), corners, czech, diagonal, give-away, italian, pool, russian, spanish, thai||4|
|80-celluar, armenian, croda, stavropol, turkish||3|
|canadian, Sri Lankian||1|